The 2023 Handbook offers clear and practical guidance supporting your compliance with the latest Regulations and emerging economic crime legislation.
- Purposeful guidance – helping you re-shape your regime as unprecedented legislative changes transform economic crime prevention, and making clear the extended obligations facing the MLRO today.
- ‘Ten steps to compliance’ format – trust our unique guide to secure your compliance. Guard against regulatory intervention with tailored guides specific to your sector / jurisdiction and additional Anti-Bribery & Corruption content.
- Zero-risk purchase offer – order the Handbook and we’ll post it to you straight away. If you decide not to keep it, you can return it within 14 days for a full refund
Free postage within the British Isles.
Revised and updated annually
The 10 step guide to effective risk management
With specific notes for Accountants, Law Firms, Financial Services, Property Firms, plus Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man.
Free template documents
As a buyer you’ll receive sample policy and procedure documents and ready-made forms and checklists in Word™ format to adapt for your firm.
A rapid action plan
All the essential information is here in a highly accessible format – with a straightforward action plan to help you meet your compliance goals.
The Money Laundering Officer’s Practical Handbook is an indispensable guide to implementing a robust compliance regime within the latest regulatory environment:
The Handbook sets out a straightforward ten-step route to compliance. Each step includes a concise action plan, with sample policies, controls and procedures, supplemented with clear and comprehensive guidance notes:
- Step 1: Assessment of money laundering risk.
- Step 2: Verification of identity.
- Step 3: Knowing your client’s business.
- Step 4: Ongoing monitoring.
- Step 5: Record-keeping.
- Step 6: Internal suspicion reporting.
- Step 7: Disclosure to the authorities.
- Step 8: Freezing transactions and consent to continue.
- Step 9: Training.
- Step 10: Monitoring and management of compliance.
A following section provides an explanation of today’s regulatory environment, including relevant international standards, a breakdown of money laundering offences and defences, with notes on the rules that apply in specific business sectors and key legislative developments.
Further sections offer additional notes on the ten-step process, pinpointing the specific approach that must be taken for the following business sectors and jurisdictions:
- Financial Services Firms and Institutions
- Law Firms
- Accountancy Firms
- Estate Agents
- Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man
A separate section offers guidance on Bribery & Corruption, including the assessment of risk and how to set out policies and procedures for your firm.
A new Glossary of Terms at the end of the Handbook shines a light on acronyms used throughout the chapters.